Snickers Brownie Trifle


I've never made a Trifle before.  I've had the serving bowl for almost 2 years now and I can't believe I've never used it.  (Have I mentioned that I have a little bit of a "kitchen paraphernalia" obsession?  Yep.  My name is Erin and I'm addicted to kitchen gadgets and goodies.)
When my Mom asked me to bring dessert to Easter lunch I wanted to try out my hand at Trifle making.   Head to the forehead moment.  Why haven't I made these before?!  So easy and amazingly delicious!  And pretty cool looking to boot.  Can't go wrong with that, right?
There are a ton of Trifle recipes out there.  I went with this one because one, I love NIkki's blog and two, it just sounded awesome.  The pudding layer had sweetened condensed milk whipped into it and that sounded mouth wateringly delicious!  I added a few things (like caramel and Snickers bars) and there you have it... Snickers Brownie Trifle.
Snickers Brownie Trifle
Slightly adapted from: Chef In Training

* brownie mix
* ingredients to make the brownies (eggs, oil and water)
* 1 (3.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
* 1 (8 oz.) container Cool whip
* 1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip
* caramel sauce
* 6 Snickers candy bars

Make the brownies according to the package directions.  I made the family size (9x13) pan of chewy brownies.  Let cool completely.

Whip the chocolate pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk until fluffy.  Gently fold in 8 ounces of Cool Whip.

Cut brownies into squares.  I cut mine into 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares (not too big but not crumbled).
To assemble the Trifle:

Add a layer of brownies to the bottom of the Trifle bowl using 1/2 of the brownies.
Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the brownies.
Sprinkle with a handful of the chopped Snickers.
Cover with half of the chocolate pudding mixture.
Cover that layer with Cool Whip.
Now repeat (brownies, caramel, Snickers, pudding and Cool Whip.)
Top with chopped Snickers bars and drizzle with more caramel sauce

Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
I thought this dessert was awesome!  The pudding layer tasted like a chocolate mousse, the brownies soaked up a little bit of the caramel and the whipped cream and Snickers?  To die for!  Definitely something I will make again. 
What do you think?  Pure chocolate heaven?

0 kommentarer: